Monday, March 22, 2010

Q&A Tracie

* 1)How many babies would you like for the IVF to produce? Are you secretly hoping for twins? Obviously a healthy baby & pregnancy is your main hope.

After loosing 7 pregnancies, I'm just ready for something to stick and stay put. If I were being totally honest, I would admit that twins would be nice. Then we could be done with this chit. But I would admit to wanting the twins thing ONLY if they were full term and healthy, and I didn't have bedrest until the last week. And I could have a vaginal birth. With an epidural. And I could tandem nurse with ease.

And since 99.9% of the audience reading this KNOWS that these requests are certainly a TALL ORDER... I best go back to wishing hard for one sticky cute baby.

With an epidural. lol.

2)If this IVF is not successful (notice, I did not say, a failure..) will you try again?

Yes. I will mother others. Hopefully we'll get a couple of frosties to do a FET. Again, there I go with the tall orders.

* 3)How many children do you want to complete your family?
I've always thought I wanted 4 kids. I bet Davez would be content with 3. Of course, this was all before the hell of getting them started. We're tired. TIE-ERD. But in the same breath, I don't see myself being content with just two. It just does not feel finished in my head. We're always said we're going to do international adoption, and did start the process. We'll pull that off the backburner at some point, I bet. Or do foster-adopt in the states if money becomes the issue I suspect it might someday. Infertility is not only hard on your body and soul, it wrecks your pocketboook.

* 4)I'd love to hear about all the pre-contact that you have had with the doctors.
No you wouldn't. It's been the frustrating part of this to say the least. I'm a control freak, and always have 100 questions. This doc is slow to respond to emails, and whether it's a language/cultural thing or not, his answers are too curt to pacify me. While I have no doubt things will work out once we get there, and my Mark (from Passport Medical) has been AWESOME (he's done IVF with his wife a few times, and knows the lingo and concerns) .... working with this doc could be potentially frustrating for those that don't have the support that I (we) do with our online mom's group. They've been there done that. And I"m so grateful for them and their knowledge. And allowence of my annoying questions non-stop.

* 5)Do you have to go down with a full diagnosis or are they going to work through your various issues?
We have no fricken clue what's wrong with me. My doc there thinks it's "Natural Killer Cell" activity, which is "hooie" in most doc's eyes. He wants me to stop in Nicaragua or Columbia and do "LIT" which is illegal in the states. And it is also deemed "hooie" by most docs. So we're just doing "empiric therapy" such as met, lovenox, folic, etc. and trying to loose as much weight as possible before I go. Uugh. Carrot stick, anyone?

* 6)Have you already sent them your entire medical file?
I have the most impressive yet disturbing and depressing MASTER SPREADSHEET of my history ever. All my cycles, tests, stats, deets.... it is pretty cool, in a "chit, this is my life?" kinda of way. I'll hand carry my records too, but I bet they go unopened. They're not in spanish. lol. Let's face it, I (we) have done so much research and tried so many things by this point, we could practically run this cycle ourselves. Doctor? DOCTOR? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' DOCTOR !!! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment