Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Q&A Christa

I'm going to make an attempt to answers some of the questions asked in the comment section of last post.  These are Christa's answers, Tracie will answer some soon!  
  • 1)How many babies would you like for the IVF to produce? Are you secretly hoping for twins? Obviously a healthy baby & pregnancy is your main hope.    I would like one healthy baby.  BUT, I would be happy being pregnant and while I know there are many more risks to a twin pregnancy, I would be ecstatic with twins also.    
  • 2)If this IVF is not successful (notice, I did not say, a failure..) will you try again?    It's tough to say.  We are running out of resources (mostly because of money), but will try again in the future sometime.  Hopefully this won't have to be a question;) 
  • 3)How many children do you want to complete your family?
  •   This is a sticky question in this household!  While I am so happy with Ella, I've always wanted 3 or 4 children and even more so now that we have Ella and we know what joy she brings to our life.  Adam would be happy with two.  Hopefully we will come to a compromise someday.
  • 4)I'd love to hear about all the pre-contact that you have had with the doctors.   I've worked a lot with Mark from Passport Medical.  He helps us get our medical records to the doctor and also helps with scheduling and any questions we may have for the doctor.  I've been in email communication with Dr. P (our RE in Costa Rica) and he is very familiar with severe Endometriosis, so that's been good.  Also, I've been working with an RE here in Maine to get my required tests completed.  I've had them done before, but Dr. P requires that they be done withing one year of the procedure, which is understandable. 
  • 5)Do you have to go down with a full diagnosis or are they going to work through your various issues?  I don't know the exact answer to that question, but I think he wants you to have some idea of what is going on with your body.  If something doesn't sound right to him he will definitely tell you.  
  • 6)Have you already sent them your entire medical file?   No, just the tests required, everything else you can bring with you when you go and he will look over them before you start your required dosage of meds.   If anyone has any other questions, I would be happy to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment