Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Stream of Nonsense from Two Nervous Chicas

Tracie:Ever have one of those days where you are just in a total panic for no real reason? I'm pacing around the house, all wound up... with 1000 things to do, and can't concentrate on even one of them.

I am HATING how I feel on birth control pills (which ironically, you have to be on prior to IVF to "quiet" your ovaries down, only to WAKE THEM UP BY SCREAMING AT THEM with $4K worth of meds... oh lordie I never realized how awful they are, wowza! so much of my 20's make more sense now, lol... I have too much to get done before CR, I'm freaking out about NOT CYCLING (who knew the lack of daily/weekly appts would send me over the edge...) and I just don't know what to do with myself.

I need to finalize the landscape stuff to be done while we're gone, and dig thru the gross part of the basement to find the paint we used for the family room and such. (ice dam repairs) There's seedling planting to be done, and hastas to replant. The dog needs a haircut and so does this lady. Let's not even talk about the state of my winter feet. Ick. A pedicure is going to cost me an extra $20 in tips as an apology. Davez has bought the same belt 3 times by mistake, and now it's up to me to fix it. The laundry is piling up, the poor fish needs a bowl change, and someone PLEASE tell Ava where she put her Dora "pack pack" because it's no where to be found. The ONLY thing that came as good news today is the fact my mattress finally "failed" it's inspection and now Mattress Giant WILL HAVE TO REPLACE it. I've been fighting over this POS mattress for quite a while now. They obviously didn't know who they were messing with! "Tenacious" is my middle name.





I have moments where I think I'm coming undone. Where I'm convinced this whole trip will be a bust and I'll come back with nothing but 4 gig cards full of cute pictures and a sunburn.

Then there's moments where I know in (probably) one month from today we'll be holding the cards we were delt. We'll know what we're capable of making, in scientific terms. (we already know Ava is perfect, lol). I still have the audacity of hope. I still worry about everything 98% of my day. And I still can't find that "Parisian Rain" paint can. Damnit.








Christa: My smushy thoughts (All of my thoughts smushed into a paragraph of nonsensical phrases) This is what happens the cycle before IVF and you have a fear of the unknown. It totally consumes your life.



Eggs, sperm, embryos, eggs, sperm, embryos...... lots of embryos. How am I going to fit all of this in one suitcase?I hope Ella decides not to throw a fit on the airplane. What if this works and we have twins, how will I do two at a time plus a toddler? Should I bring pepper spray over the border or buy it there? Eggs, sperm, embryos, eggs, sperm, embryos...... lots of embryos. I'm tired. No milk left, I have to run to the store (come back with more stuff to pack in my suitcase). Should I start learning more Spanish than "Hola" and "El bano"? I need to clean and prep, but I'm sitting here on Facebook. Stay in the zone Christa. I should run to Target. Can three carseats fit in my Fusion? Did I watch LOST this week yet? I wonder if those injections are going to hurt as much as I think they are. That E-bay skirt is cute! I hate Yaz. Eggs, sperm, embryos, eggs, sperm, embryos....lots of embryos.

1 comment:

  1. Still thinking about the CR/Panama thing so am following your blog for updates. Good luck on your trip! (schoolsoutbride from the nest)

    ReplyDelete